Write for us!
Vet Med After Hours Podcast is looking for your help!
Veterinary medicine can be lonely, difficult, and inspiring – we want to hear what it has been for you. Sharing your story creates connections through vulnerability and allows others to feel what you experienced and know that they are not alone in this profession. What Matters blogs are featured on our website, on our social media, and recorded as podcast episodes!
The goal of the What Matters Blog is to normalize conversations about mental health and wellness and empower veterinary support staff to ask for help. We accept written blogs, poetry, and personal journal entries. You can be a veterinarian, support staff, or have any other role in the veterinary industry to submit.
Articles should be between 600 and 1000 words, will be fine tuned by our editors, and will become the property of Vet Med After Hours. Your photo and bio will be included with the article or you can choose to stay anonymous.
You may choose the subject of your article but we ask that each piece does at least one of the following:
1) discusses mental wellness in some capacity
2) shares a story of a veterinary professional’s journey with mental illness
3) shares a story of you or someone you know asking for help (help of any kind!)
4) shares how you find joy or gratitude in your work.
Writings can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here to empower and inspire all types of veterinary professionals, and we are asking for your help! There are three ways you can be involved with Vet Med After Hours:
- We are always looking for guests - you or one of your superhero colleagues would be perfect for our conversations. Know someone who thinks they are ordinary, but you know they are extraordinary? Just give us a shout, and we will get it scheduled!
- We are accepting journal excerpts and blog articles for our monthly story hour. Your writings can be anonymous, or it can be your chance to be published! Contact us for details on how to become a Vet Med After Hours writer!
- Alec and Tracy love to talk (and you love to listen!) - send us a topic you would like us to discuss on one of our lunch chats, and we will send you a You Matter wristband!
We know that each of you has a story that is both familiar and unique - drop us a line so we can get to know you!
Send a message.
We'll get back to you as quickly as possible!